Why You Should Choose SERVPRO of Point Loma
Has your property been damaged by water? While acting fast is critical to prevent further damages, it’s worthwhile to weigh your options before you make the call. When it comes to your water cleanup, you need water restoration experts you can count on on the job, not some amateurs.
There is no time to waste going around and getting estimates from one water restoration company then the next. The longer you wait, the worse the damages will get, and the more the estimates will likely go up. What you need more than anything is a team with a well-established reputation for excellence, that can quickly and accurately assess the damage, and begin repairs pronto.
If you own or manage a residential or commercial property in Point Loma, be prepared for the fact that at some point in the not too distant future, there’s a good chance you will encounter some form of water damage. While it’s still not an emergency, please check out the SERVPRO of Point Loma testimonials page to read what our customers are saying.
Have you encountered water damage and it is an emergency? Reach out to us now and we’ll get someone over to your property for an assessment in an hour or less.
Request Help Online Call: (619) 275-2802
How To Pick a Water Damage Restoration Company
How to Find the Right Water Restoration Service
Here are five tips for picking a water cleanup and restoration service in San Diego:
#1: Include it in your insurance plan
Sometimes it’s required by local regulars to have water damage coverage in your homeowners or business insurance. However, even if it is not required, it’s always a good idea here in San Diego. You never know when water damage will occur; it’s best to be prepared and protected in advance — and that definitely includes making sure you have the insurance coverage you need, otherwise you may be hit with a hefty bill after an emergency.
#2: Make sure the professional water cleanup team is licensed
Both national and regional governments have accreditation programs set up to help regulate the water restoration industry and give property owners greater confidence in the reliability of the water restoration experts they hire. You can read about SERVPRO of Point Loma license here. Our company also has the following certifications:
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
#3: Understand the costs of restoration beforehand
The costs of water damage repair can vary widely, depending on the type and extent of damages. Be prepared for the fact that urgent work will typically come with a premium price. However, what typically comes with an even greater price is putting off service and allowing the water damage to get worse before you get it dried, cleaned up, and restored.
#4: Ask for a referral
Customers that are satisfied with the restoration work that has been done will often give positive reviews. After reading through our testimonials, reach out to us if you would like to speak with a past customer regarding things such as the speed and quality of the restoration.
#5: Make sure the restoration company offers 24/7 service
Water damage doesn’t wait for normal business hours to strike, and it’s usually important to act immediately to address the potential damages. That’s why SERVPRO of Point Loma provides Point Loma with 24/7 emergency response to any part of San Diego. We have a warehouse and office in Point Loma and are able to respond rapidly to anywhere in San Diego.
We have decades of experience working with insurance companies, helping make the difficult cleanup and restoration process as smooth and painless as possible for our customers. We respond to a lot of water and fire damage situations, as well as instances of mold damage.
Disaster Planning Isn’t Fun, But It Will Help You Save
When you’re dealing with a sewage leak, flooding, or another type of water damage, contact SERVPRO of Point Loma for 24-hour emergency service. We are:
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Call us today at (619) 275-2802 to get started or to ask us any questions to prepare you for what more to expect from water damage.
How to Dry Documents After a Flood
A lot can go wrong if there's a flood in your office. Safety should be your No. 1 concern. Once you account for everyone's well-being, you'll take inventory of the damage. It's common to find wet documents in the aftermath of water issues. Many of these items may be highly sensitive and critical. Luckily, there are methods both you and the professionals can use to preserve these materials.
What You Can Do
For some flooding issues at work, you should let professional crews in the San Diego area handle the cleanup. However, there are things you can do to protect your documents and ensure that they dry faster without ruining them.
Carefully remove any books, files, photographs, maps or other documents from water.
Set out these items in a dry place.
For damp documents, flatten them out between two absorbent pieces of paper or cloth.
Calling In the Pros
Flood restoration crews have experience with document drying, in addition to removing water surfaces. It's a good idea to get help from skilled technicians when your documents have been submerged in water. Widespread damage is also a good reason to enlist the services of professional teams.
To spare your wet documents, technicians will use freeze-drying methods. To do this, a technician will freeze the materials. The next step is to evaporate the frozen water without allowing it to return to its liquid state. With freeze-drying, you can keep dried-out paper from wrinkling and crinkling.
When lying in water, your documents could come into contact with dirt, debris, and other harmful material. The technicians will disinfect the paper to ensure that it is clean and doesn't pose any danger to you and other users of the documents.
Regardless of the type of wet documents you need to dry and restore, there are ways to save these important items. Follow these guidelines so you don't have to worry about losing your papers.
Top Causes of Home Fires
Home fires are one of the scariest things that a family can experience. Being inherently something that people believe will never happen to them, home fires almost always catch the homeowner off-guard. Plus, families seldom have an emergency plan in place to deal with a home fire since they believe it is extremely rare. However, the National Fire Protection Association estimates that there is reportedly a new home fire every minute and a half in the United States.
While most people assume that home fires are something that rarely occurs, the statistics paint a different picture. As such, it is important to have a prevention plan to avoid putting yourself and your family in a risky situation. One of the most effective ways to prevent a home fire is to recognize the common causes. In doing so, you are able to be on the lookout and thus avoid unnecessary dangers. The following are some of the most common causes of home fires today:
- Electrical equipment, such as a toaster oven, can catch fire from overuse, frayed cords, or age
- Cooking equipment can often lead to overheating and thus a fire if the cook is not paying attention or leaves the room
- Faulty wiring is an electrical hazard that can cause a fire
- Flammable liquids
- Dirty barbeques
- Curious children
- Circuit breakers
Making sure that the above hazards are mitigated is imperative to keeping your home safe and free from fire. In addition, it is important that you regularly check your smoke detectors and replace them when necessary. Homeowners in San Diego often neglect to check on these things until it is too late. Be proactive and keep your home and your loved ones safe from a home fire. If you have experienced fire damage, we are here to help. Contact our fire damage repair team today to learn more!
Tips For Preventing Candle Fires
Many homeowners light candles to freshen up a room or to have lighting during a power outage. However, candles still have the potential to create a fire that spreads throughout the building. Avoid a candle fire at all costs, and follow these helpful tips to stay safe.
1. Do Not Leave Candles Unattended
If you are leaving a room with a candle in it, first extinguish the flame. After all, you can always relight a candle if you desire.
2. Keep the Area Around Candles Clean
The shelf or stand where you place the candle should not have anything flammable on it. Additionally, you should avoid placing a candle on a nightstand near your bed. The bedding may catch fire if you are not careful.
3. Toss It Once It Is Less Than Two Inches Tall
You do not want to risk a candle fire by allowing the flame to get too close to the base of the candle. It is better to simply throw away a candle once it is less than two inches high. They are relatively inexpensive to replace.
4. Keep Candles Away From Pets and Children
Candles should be placed high enough that kids and animals cannot get them. It is dangerous for children to play with anything lit. If the candle is left on a coffee table, then a dog’s tail may accidentally hit it and cause it to fall onto the floor.
5. Do Not Put Out a Candle With Water
It is preferable to put out a flame by blowing on it rather than pouring water. The reason is that water can cause the wax to spill all over the place. The hot wax may still catch fire, causing flames to spread throughout a home in San Diego. Candles are meant to be enjoyed, so always follow the manufacturer’s safety instructions to avoid a nasty candle fire and the impending smoke cleanup.
Keep Your Home or Business Dry
Flood control fixes you can make to help manage storm water runoff and prevent flood damage to your home:
- Slope soil away from your home's foundation. Don’t forget to fill and slop soil under decks and porches.
2. Water from your roof, downspouts, and eavestroughs can find its way to your home if they are clogged, leak, or don't carry water far enough from your home. Clean out eavestroughs and downspouts in the fall and spring. You can also use downspout extensions to carry water far enough away from your foundation as an effective flood control.
3. Set up a downspout to empty into a rain barrel. Using rain barrels for rain water storage reduces the cost of watering shrubs, flowers, and vegetables.
4. Plug holes or cracks in your eavestroughs, downspouts, downspout extensions and seal these with silicon caulk. Even a trickling leak can let plenty of water into your basement to become a mold problem.
5. Look for holes or cracks in your foundation and completely fill these with vinyl concrete patching.
Choose SERVPRO of Point Loma for your Crime Scene, Trauma, and Biohazard Removal and Cleaning Services
Contact SERVPRO of Point Loma for Biohazard Cleaning Services Today!
SERVPRO of Point Loma specializes in remediating, sanitizing, and cleaning zones that have been affected with hazardous waste materials. Such cleanup situations include:
This cleanup includes body fluids, tissue, and other substances resulting from accident, trauma, crime, or death. As most people are aware, dealing with blood is potentially dangerous work. You should get professional help to properly dispose of and clean up the affected area immediately.
Such problems are not just nasty, they are harmful to the health of inhabitants. If you have a sewage backup it is a hazard that only gets with each hour if it is left unattended.
People who hoard personal belongings are often in need of more than just cleaning assistance. In many cases a counselor comes into play to help these individuals. However, just like in the above-mentioned cases, when it comes to cleaning the hoarding scene SERVPRO of Point Loma is the company that gets the job done right, and at the best price.
SERVPRO of Point Loma ensures that your home or business is clean, sanitary, and safe for all habitants after it has been affected with a hazardous waste material. Unlike our competitors, however, we offer our services at an affordable price. Contact SERVPRO of Point Loma for your hazardous waste cleanup services today!
SERVPRO Can Handle Any Sized Disaster
SERVPRO of Point Loma Has the Scalable Workforce and Extensive Equipment Inventory to Respond to Any Size Disaster
When large commercial buildings spread out over one or more business campuses confront a substantial water loss, their owners reach out for professional help. A supply line break or waste backup flooding acres is not a routine cleaning job. Who can handle a massive undertaking on a local level?
Who Can You Rely Upon for Comprehensive Water Removal, Cleaning, and Drying?
Commercial water cleanup has a tight time frame, with little room for false starts. Lining up multiple contractors for a nearly endless variety of challenges is not the answer. Finding a reliable mitigation and remediation company that can handle all aspects of water removal and structural drying is preferable.
How Are Our Services Uniquely Matched to Large Commercial Water Losses?
SERVPRO covers the three main elements of an effective response:
Why Is a Local Presence Essential?
We know our city and region is only as vital as the businesses in the area. Our team members commit to and live in the community, so when asked, we are "all hands on deck" today, and when needed in the future. Our stability as a restoration partner is crucial to the successful resolution of your current crises and helps minimize future challenges.
How Does a Trained and Motivated Workforce Make a Difference?
We deliver a fully-trained and equipped crew to your site fast. The speed of response is key in reaching the desired outcome. Restoration is our mindset. We arrive promptly and avoid secondary damage.
What Is Our Capability to Get the Quantity and Quality of Equipment on the Scene?
We invest in a vast inventory of commercial-grade equipment to support our crews and your interests. Tasks do not wait, because we have the resources needed right here.
We're Ready to Help!
SERVPRO of Point Loma is ready to help with your flood and water damage needs! It is critical to deal with flood or water damage as soon as it occurs. Waiting for even a few hours can cause unnecessary water damage that could be irreversible. When objects become waterlogged and are left to sit, they can develop foul smells, and even become infested with mold. Working with our professional team of flood damage and restoration experts will ensure your property is cleaned and restored quickly. The sooner you call SERVPRO of Point Loma, the sooner we can begin cleaning up after you’ve experienced a flood. 619-275-2802
Types of Water Damage
There are several types of flooding and water damage that we can help with; these include:
- Flood damage from storms or weather
- Flood damage from water pipes bursting
- Sewer line backup and flooding into homes or commercial properties
- Appliance leaks and malfunctions
- Flood or water damage from firefighting efforts
- Toilet leaks, bathtubs, and more
We specialize in cleaning up after water and flood damage in order to help you restore your property quickly and safely.
Our Clean-up Process
When you call our flood damage and restoration team in Point Loma, we’ll send a highly trained restoration technician to your home or commercial property to assess the damage and provide a plan for clean up and restoration. Our technicians are trained on how to effectively remove the water and begin the drying and dehumidifying process. We use state-of-the-art equipment that enable us to quickly and systematically clear your home or office of unwanted and potentially dangerous water. As part of the restoration process, we work to save as much of the original materials and surfaces as possible. Sometimes, though, it is essential to remove severely damaged surfaces, such as drywall, and flooring to reduce the risk of mold and odor developing. We’ll then clean and sanitize your property and begin restoring your home or office space so that you can’t even tell there was a flood.
Contact Us Today
If you have experienced flood or water damage at your home or business, contact us immediately to begin the cleaning and restoration process. We’ll send a technician out to your property right away to assess the damage. Inspections are FREE! Don’t wait to call 619-275-2802.
Hotel Fire Prevention Tips
If you run a hotel business, you will want to do everything you can to protect it from disasters such as water damage and fire damage. Being prepared for any kind of disaster is always a good idea. Today, we’re sharing some tips that can help you prevent fire damages as well as some helpful tips in the event a fire ever does happen:
- Take steps to ensure that the address numbers for your buildings or suites are highly visible, enabling emergency responders to easily find your location quickly in the event of a fire or other emergency. Numbers should contrast with the background used, such as black on white, while the numerals should be no less than six inches in height.
- All fire extinguishers should be no more than 75 feet from all work areas for easy access, and they should be mounted in a highly visible spot. Make sure your extinguishers are inspected and serviced at least once a year by a licensed fire extinguisher company.
- Exits need to be clearly marked with EXIT signage that is illuminated at all times with a battery backup for power outages. Emergency lighting should be kept in working order, and the exit areas and spaces around the building outside kept clear of debris and plant material, reducing the fire risk outdoors as well.
- In order to prevent a fire from ever starting, all stored materials need to be stacked at least two feet below the ceiling in an orderly manner. For buildings with an automatic sprinkler system, 18 inches of clearance is required, allowing smoke to collect up high, which gives people adequate time to exit and the sprinklers a clear area for their spray pattern. Entries, hallways, and storage spaces should be kept clear of clutter or obstructions to allow quick exit and access for fire personnel. These instructions have been put in place by your area fire marshal, and if not followed, can result in fines.
- Electrical outlets should have no more than one item per outlet plugged into them, which may include a power strip with a circuit breaker. All electrical cords should be kept in good repair and replaced when needed.
- Trash receptacles need to be kept at least five feet away from combustible roofs, windows, and entryways and not stored in the path of exits.
- Have your sprinkler system tested and serviced every 12 months or less by a licensed fire sprinkler company. This practice should also be used for your fire alarm system.
- If your hotel has a restaurant kitchen onsite, make sure your stove hood has been cleaned at least once every year to prevent excessive grease buildup. Ceiling exhaust fans and bathroom heater/light/fan combinations can also be a risk due to a buildup of dust and grease, resulting in increased operating temperatures.
- Make sure your local fire department has your valid contact information on file for your business.
The SERVPRO of Point Loma team is experienced in cleanup projects after fires both large and small. We are also mold remediation specialists, and here to help in the event of water damages, fire damages, and storm damages.