Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. SERVPRO of Point Loma has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
Mold is a part of the natural environment but that doesn’t mean you want it growing in your house. Mold can have a huge impact on the air quality inside your home or business. If you smell a strong musty odor, or see any new spots of discoloration, this could be a sign of a mold problem. The following tips can help you if you suspect you have mold in your home or business.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (619) 275-2802
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Point Loma for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Point Loma has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- San Diego
- Point Loma
- Ocean Beach
- Mission Bay Park
- Mission Bay
- Bay Park
- Linda Vista
- Mission Valley
- Liberty Station